Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cup Girl

The Lone Star Baby learned to drink from a straw when we were out and about today (technically, yesterday) and I neglected to bring a sippy cup. This sippy cup packin' thing just doesn't come easily to me, I'm afraid. I never packed sippy cups when the Lone Star Girl and I were out and about in her toddler days. She got all of her liquid refreshment from the boob as was proper when we were together. This kid, though...she likes her cups. She wants to nurse, sure, but then she wants a cup, too. When she wants to nurse, she wants to nurse and when she wants a cup, she wants a cup...and woe to them who try to pull a switcheroo. (Woe, woe to them.) This cup thing bugs me somewhat. What with the necessity of cups at child-care and all, I think she needs to catch up on the nursing when she's with me and would prefer that she take all her libation thus so as to keep up her supply and her healthy goodness and all. She has other plans, though and woe, woe to them that thwart her plans. I think the cups are here to stay...sigh.

No comments: