Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Vegetables

I love vegetables. I love to eat them. I have a hard time thinking of any I have tried that I do not like, although I did not feel that way as a sprout. I do not have time, however, for a lot of chopping and cooking in my life. Enter the lovely steam-in-the-bag-in-the-microwave folks.

Thanks to this miracle of the modern grocery, I can now have tasty vegetables with almost no work. It's a gorgeous thing. Except for the pthlalates in those plastic bags, probably. Oh, and, yeah - I read Barbara Kingsolver's book and am pretty sure that everything I eat is a mortal sin now. So...anyway....

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

My mom makes vegetables taste really, really good. Of course, when I find out how much butter she's put into them...

gojirama said...

lujI love gently stemed veggies or stir fries.

Veloute said...

Life would be so boring without veggies.