Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Y'all! Here's to 2008! Let's make it our best year yet!

We sat around the table the last night and talked about resolutions. As a family, we resolved to exercise more and eat better, although I think we can exempt the Lone Star Baby from the exercise more part as she moves around plenty as it is, and eating better for her means eating more, which is not necessarily what it means for the rest of us!

My personal resolutions seemed to have three categories:

Work:
Stay more serene there.
Make career decisions that are financially sound for my family for now - we need to pay for a few things before I start worrying about being happy again (maybe this is more of a family resolution, actually).

Parenting:
Spend more time doing Lone Star Baby-centric activities.
Spend more time on activities that get the Lone Star Girl out in the world more.

Writing/Publishing
Spend at least ten minutes on my writing/publishing at least five days a week (baby steps).


What resolutions or goals do you have for the New Year?


2 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

To make the outside of me line up with the "me" on the inside! Does that make sense? I want to get in better shape for real. To set a better example for my kids. To be an active family. I want to represent all of the ideals that I believe in.

Happy New Year!

Lone Star Ma said...

Happy New Year to you! Nice to see you here!