Saturday, January 05, 2008

Big Sister's Influence

The Lone Star Girl is at a schoolmate's house, working on a project. Lone Star Pa and I were sitting at the kitchen table with the Lone Star Baby, who was eating an orange from the tree in the yard, and discussing our plans for the afternoon. Lone Star Pa suggested that maybe after he picked up the Lone Star Girl, he could convince her to go with him to Wal-Mart to spend a gift certificate that a student had given him for Christmas. I laughed and told him she would never go for that. The three-year-old piped up:

LSB: Wal-Mart is a bad place.

Lone Star Pa and I looked at each other and stifled giggles about her sister's indoctrination of her.

LSB: Wal-Mart is a bad place because they don't pay people enough.

Lone Star Pa and I are in awe and wonder why sister's influence cannot extend to brainwashings that are more crucial to our daily routine.

3 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

LOL this is really funny. My oldest son tells me this all the time too. What would we do with kids around to teach us these things?

Saints and Spinners said...

I am reminded of Anne Lamott writing about her young son Sam. Anne would say, "What do we want?" and Sam would reply, "Peace." "When do we want it?" "Now!"

One day, when Anne asked, "What do we want?" Sam replied, "Lunch."

Veloute said...

I love this.