Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pop-Culture Vacuums And Long-Haired Hippie Babies: Life Tidbits From Our Little Bungalow

Lone Star Girl:  ...so, finally, I heard it at the closing ceremony at the GWF and I was like,"Oh!  So this is that song!  I hadn't heard it before!" and Spidey was like "Where do you live?! I live in the middle of nowhere and I've heard it!" and I was like "I live in a cultural vacuum"...

Me:  POP-cultural vacuum.

LSG:  You're right; pop-cultural vacuum.

Me:  Plenty of culture....

***

Meanwhile, the Lone Star Baby has managed to grow her hair quite incredibly long in recent months.  It is easily past her waist, something hard for us curlier girls to understand.  I keep trying to convince her to donate it, but she wants to keep it long.  I am starting to think that people who see her will think she belongs to some crazy females-must-have-long-hair sect of the religious right, rather than our own crazy peace-and-equality-loving sect of the religious left.  She quite insists on keeping it long, though.

1 comment:

gojirama said...

Love it! I'm a long haired lefty, though I don't think anyone would confuse me for a conservative.