Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BIG Milestone

Yesterday was a staff development day at my school. Since the Lone Star Girl's school is in the same district as mine, she was off from her school while her teachers were at staff development. Teachers aren't supposed to miss staff development days, though, and the Lone Star Baby's Montessori school also had staff development and was closed.

The Lone Star Girl took care of her sister while we were at work!

Both had been begging for this opportunity for a long time and were really excited about it. Lone Star Pa and I had held off on numerous other possible such days and gotten babysitters because we just weren't sure, but this time we decided to give it a go.

They did great!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What nice sisters they are! I always considered babysitting my younger sibs (which I did a LOT) to be a punishment!

Saints and Spinners said...

I had to do a lot of babysitting when I was growing up. I must say, I preferred babysitting other people's kids to my own brothers. My poor brothers! I am glad that LSG and LSB had a good time.

Lone Star Ma said...

I usually feel sort of superior when I hear people say they minded their little siblings a lot, certain that I did much more as a kid, but the two of you are the only two people I know who I expect probably did watch your siblings as much as I watched mine. I felt very Cinderella about it a lot of the time and was very mean to them a lot of the time (though I would never have let anyone else be mean to them!) but, in retrospect, I really think it was very, very,very good for me - probably the single most character-building experience of my life, if minding my foster siblings is included as part of it, which I do include. I often worry that with only one sibling, the LSG will not have the sort of necessity to grow responsibility in her heart the way I think people need to...but we are doing our best.