Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Paddy's Day

Happy St. Paddy's Day! The luck o' the Irish (or, really, much better luck than that) to thee (and me! And everyone!) and all of that!

We had a nice St. Paddy's Day morning. The Lone Star Baby helped me make our traditional holiday breakfast of sweet orange rolls and breakfast strips, but we colored the icing green in honor of the day and served the brunch on paper shamrock plates with shamrock napkins.The Lone Star Baby colored the icing and set the table and put banana slices on the plates...my big helper.

We all wore green today. The Lone Star Baby wore a bright green dress with white polks dots that my nextdoor neighbor from my mid-childhood home in Dallas made for my baby sister's second birthday - my baby sister's birthday is St. Paddy's Day and she turned 18 today (Happy Birthday, Jazz!). My sister gave the dress to the Lone Star Girl when she outgrew it, and I gave it to my niece when the Lone Star Girl outgrew it and she gave it to the Lone Star Baby when she outgrew it and so on...it is special. I sort of wanted to get the Lone Star Baby's portrait made in it today, but the afternoon and evening became very tantrum-fraught, so we will save that for summer, I think. It will still fit.

No comments: