Sunday, March 25, 2007

Art exhibit

The fifth graders at the Lone Star Girl's school always make Native American-style storyteller sculptures. I really love all of them - I think they may be my favorite style of sculpture with all the little baby critters of various kinds. This year was the Lone Star Girl's turn and her storyteller sculpture was chosen to be exhibited at the district's elementary art festival, which was on Friday night. We went and saw her sculpture and the other art chosen from around the district and got to listen to elementary school choirs and watch elementary school dancers, too. It was very nice.

The Lone Star Girl's sculpture was a seahorse and seahorse babies. There was a slightly bigger baby sort of sitting (floating?) in the storyteller's lap and little embryonic ones in his (seahorse daddies carry the babies, you know) pouch and on his head. It was beautiful. I'm so proud of my girl.

1 comment:

Saints and Spinners said...

It sounds lovely! I wish I could see it in person.