Saturday, March 17, 2007

First Attempt at Reverse Psychology

Last night, the Lone Star Baby took a book to Lone Star Pa and requested that he read it to her. He said that he would in a little bit and she stood there, looking at him for a moment with a disgusted expression that bespoke her knowledge that his "little bit" was not her "little bit". Then...her expression changed.

Lone Star Baby: No...you can't read this book.
Lone Star Pa: (surprised) I can't? Why?
Lone Star Baby: It's a very big book...

She then looked at him with a studied casualness to see if he was taking the bait...about the funniest thing I've ever seen.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Aha! Very Clever LSB.

This afternoon, I asked Lucia if she would tell me a story. "NO!" she answered. "How would you feel if you asked me for a story and I said no?" I asked. Bede said, "There is definitely a double-standard here." Bede prompted Lucia to tell a much-abbreviated story of "Sleeping Beauty." Basically, Aurora grew from a little baby into a beautiful woman, then fell asleep, then woke up when Prince Philip kissed her, and they went down the stairs and danced. ("Lucia, you forgot all about the fairies," I thought, but did not say aloud. I'll take what I can get.)

Lone Star Ma said...

I only get Dora and Diego stories - SIGH.