Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Summer Good-Bye to PJ storytime

Last night was the last pajama storytime at the library until September. Wah - I have become spoiled and I will miss it. Fortunately, since this will be teacher Lone Star Pa's first summer home with the kids, it only means that I will not be able to go to storytime during the summer; he can still take the Lone Star Baby during the week. I'm very glad about that, even though I will miss it - I am highly neurotic about it being her inalienable right to attend storytime. There is lots of summer reading club stuff about to start at the library next week. The Lone Star Girl decided that she was too old for all of that last summer and I think that the Lone Star Baby is really still too young - she doesn't care about listing her books or getting her name on the wall with little stars beside it. Next summer, when she is turning three instead of turning two, will be the time for her to be a "Little Listener", I think. I may have Lone Star Pa take her to the kick-off party, though.

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Is there something for older children for Summer Reading Club? It seems as if LSG is ready for the fun and challenges of the Teen Summer Reading club. Teen reading clubs are often not as well funded as children's reading clubs, though.:(

Lone Star Ma said...

I haven't ever heard of any teen summer reading clubs so I am guessing we don't have them, as I practically live at the library. She would like that if they did, though, I think. She is currently getting into the Alice books - she's about 6 or 7 books into the series and it is so sweet to me because I used to get those books for my baby sister as they came out - I still do, actually, but now she is 17 and Alice is 16 or 17...Alice is like 12 in the ones the LSG is reading now.

Librarian question, Alkelda: I adore our children's librarian and do not want to make her uncomfortable. She sings a song with the kids in storytime in which they sing a phrase in Spanish and she consistently puts the emphasis on the wrong syllable in a very well-known word - it is quite noticable and we live in a community whre lots of people speak Spanish. Should I nicely and privately tell her this or just continue to ignore it? Thanks.

Saints and Spinners said...

Lone Star Ma,
I think I would tell the children's librarian, or get a friend of yours to tell her! If I were the librarian getting the pronunciation wrong, I would want to know. I would want the patron to be kind about it, as I'm sure you'll be.:)