Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Currently Reading...

...The Traveling Death and Resurrection Show by Ariel Gore. Good Gracious Goddess! Ariel is going to have a bestseller on her hands with this, her first novel (and it's great!). Ariel has always been the star of our movement of alternative-ish writer-mamas...but, in our world, the stars get published by small, progressive presses and make very little money...this book could be a blockbuster! I really think she's done it! Oprah's Book Club is going to want to read this - just watch! I see a movie in the future, even! Yay, Ariel!

5 comments:

gojirama said...

I will haveot read that when I finish The Davinci Code and the last two of the three John Barnes novels I'm reading.

gojirama said...

have to

I need to proofread better.

Stacey Greenberg said...

i hope you are right!

Saints and Spinners said...

Hey! Where's the Lone Star fact on Friday?!

I'm learning how to play "Old Texas" on the guitar using fills and such. Otherwise, all you need is an A chord and an E7 chord:

I'm going to leave (I'm going to leave)
Old Texas now (Old Texas now, etc.)
They've got no use
For the long-horned cow
They've plowed and fenced
My cattle range
And the people there
Are all so strange

I'll take my horse,
I'll take my rope
And hit the trail upon a lope
Say "Adios" to the Alamo
And turn my head toward Mexico.

Lone Star Ma said...

Alkelda, I think you are a closet Texasphile(:

My LSFOF is up and I am going to go check your site for a Friday Booktalk(: