Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Rain Project - Learning About Drought

Every day when the Lone Star Baby records the day's zero in her Rain Project calendar, she says something to the effect of "It's still a drought!". Yesterday, while we were running some errands, a light drizzle started to fall. She was extremely excited that the drought might be ending and that she would find some rain in her rain gauge when we got home. Unfortunately, when we got home, the ground was dry and the rain gauge still read "0". The drizzle had not been enough to move the floating indicator even a tiny bit. My little weather scientist was disappointed, but she keeps hoping to find rain the next time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are intriguing and I love your profile description. The layout and ideas on your blog are great. I'll be back.

Lone Star Ma said...

Thanks!!

Andrea said...

Maybe I could trade one day of your drought for one day of my two feet of snow?

Saints and Spinners said...

I'll send you some rain, too, from Seattle.

Lone Star Ma said...

I'll take a little snow and a little rain, but not that much!

gojirama said...

Dang, I got beat to sending you the Seattle rain.