Monday, January 19, 2009

Doctor Day Instead

I am experiencing guilt (kind of a theme with me, is it not?) at not participating in our local march in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. today. We always go, usually with the Girl Scouts, and are excited about the day's identity as a national day of service as well. Today, though, was spent in two doctors' offices with only time in between for a late lunch and medicine runs. These things do happen, I know, but I still feel bad. We're okay, though. I think we'll be in school tomorrow.

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

We spent the day with a coughing, fevered five year old. I do wish that more businesses would close. MLK day has felt like the optional federal holiday-- schools, federal offices and libraries close, the busses are on holiday schedules, but everyone else has to go to work.

Lone Star Ma said...

I hope she's better!

gojirama said...

Hope you are all better.
I know, why don;t more businesses close? Of course, my DH has to work on Labor Day, so you guess how his company views holidays.