Sunday, November 02, 2008

Trick-or-Treating for UNICEF

The Lone Star Girl decided to trick-or-treat for UNICEF instead of candy this year. We got the little donation box at a local hallmark store and she was good to go. I didn't think it would really go very well, as we didn't get around to preparing the neighbors to have change on hand if they wanted to or anything, but she plowed ahead with it and she did great! She collected $21.52, and we added some to make $25, which is enough to feed 12 hungry kids with some left over to get them clean water. We sent off her donation today. I am so proud of that 13-year-old girl!

1 comment:

Saints and Spinners said...

That is just great. You have a great girl! (Two of them, actually.) My mom gave me a donation box the first year I went trick-or-treating, but the kids I went with were so mean about it that I stopped after a few houses.