Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Independent Reader

Tuesday was supposed to be library day. It is the day that Lone Star Pa is taking the girls to our branch library in the mornings so that he can take the Lone Star Baby to storytime. I found out last week that the Central Library was going to have a group for 9- to 12-year-olds on Tuesday afternoons, to read and discuss Holes and have refreshments and hang out. After discussing it with the Lone Star Girl, I had Lone Star Pa trek out there with the girls yesterday so that she could participate. The Central Branch is near where I have my ed. prep. classes and I usually spend an hour on my class reading there everyday. We finished class sort of early yesterday, so I headed over to the library, thinking also that I might meet up with mi familia. They were there but the Lone Star Girl was not with the group. She was upstairs in the local history room, buried in an Alice book (all she wants to read lately). Seems she doesn't want a tween group after all.

No comments: