Sunday, June 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Lone Star Baby!!!

Today is the Lone Star Baby's second birthday! I can hardly believe that it has been two years! She got a lot of presents from us that I had acquired bit by bit over the year, as I had not, until this weekend, done a good job of clearing out her baby toys and arranging an appealing space for her. It did not seem that important when she was spending most of her waking hours in a high-quality Montessori community, but this summer is another thing entirely. Now, her area in the living room is well-prepared for her with plenty of stimulating, developmentally appropriate things (like Ms. Potato Head!!) that are well-organized, and plenty of art supplies (block colors, modeling beeswax, paper, stickers, muffin cups, carboard tubes) so her brain will not rot away. Whew. She loves her presents and spent most of the day playing with them. My dad came over for cupcakes (mom-baked - I'm like that for a few short years, then it wears off - chocolate with white icing and sprinkles, two candles on the baby's) and ice cream and then the playtime continued. With no nap, she still stayed up until after ten! I think she had a good birthday! My sweet girl!

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Yay! I'll try to get an e-card out to LSB over the next few days. Um, she does have her own email address at this point, right?!

:)

Lone Star Ma said...

No, actually...Ms. Potato Head is about as high-tech as she's gotten(: Thanks for thinking of her, though!