Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Advent Wreath

This tradition is a holdover from my Catholic childhood. For those who are not familiar, it is a wreath with four candles, three purple and one pink, in it. On the first week of Advent, you light one candle every night, on the second week, two, etc., as you wait for Christmas. The pink candle is for the third week to celebrate being almost there! The Lone Star Girl loves to light the candles. Unfortunately, the Lone Star Baby seems to be afraid of fire this year, so I don't think it is going to get much use after all.

2 comments:

Imperfect Serenity said...

We light our advent wreath every night, read a prayer, sit in silence for as long as Luke can stand it (about five minutes) and then say the Our Father together. The kids have gotten to really love it and remind us when we've forgotten. But I remember it was not that long ago that my daughter would scream whenever she saw a lit candle, kind of messing up the spiritual atmosphere I was going for. So I sympathize...

Lone Star Ma said...

Luke is pretty good, then. The LSG is ten and still not so great at the silence thing...