Thursday, December 01, 2005

School Excitement

I've had the Lone Star Baby on the waiting list to attend the Spanish immersion Montessori program in our town since before she was conceived. It starts at eighteen months, which she will turn in early December, and she is at the top of the waiting list. They had recently told me that she would have to wait to attend until fall as a child was not going to move up into the Children's House until then, but yesterday I got a surprise phone call and it was the Montessori program saying that a child was leaving over the winter break and they would have a space for her after all, if we want it. Now I feel sort of scared and rushed and excited. Changing our routine, expenses, etc. when I had adjusted to the idea of her starting in the fall is throwing me off a little and I would not want to do it if she could stay with her current teacher through May until Lone Star Pa is off for the summer. She would have to move up to a different room at her current school at winter break time anyway, though, so it may be the right time. I hate to think of upheaving her, but changing rooms will be an upheaval, too...I just don't know.

2 comments:

gojirama said...

Change is scary. It sounds like an awesome program though and I'm sure it will be great for her. (((hugs)))

klk said...

wow, what a cool program! I say go for it!!!