Thursday, December 08, 2005

First Visit

Today, I left work early and picked the Lone Star Baby up and took her to her first visit at her new school. She starts on January 5th, but I had told them that she is rather slow to warm up so they wanted her to visit her new teacher a couple of times first. It was 4pm, and the other toddlers were already in the after-school area, so she and the teacher had the classroom to themselves. She was more clingy than I had even worried about at first (and I had worried), crying "Mom! Mom!" if I tried to sit even a foot away from her and wanting to be right on top of me. She clearly got that there was something big going on. She did not, however, seem disturbed that la senora spoke to her only in Spanish, which she doesn't understand yet, and from the very beginning, she watched the teacher with intense concentration as she was shown how to feed the fish, water the plant and use several other of the materials in the room. It wasn't very long before she was hooked...there was just so much fascinating stuff in there! And then she warmed right up to her teacher. She became a busy little bee, exploring all the exciting materials. When it was time to go pick up her sister, she didn't want to leave!

1 comment:

klk said...

Oh, that is so great that she is gonna LOVE school!!!!
VERY cool.

She's growing so quickly. :)
BTW, thanks for all the comments lately. I've fallen a bit behind. But I'm still reading!