Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Last Day...

More intense than all the activities going on at the Lone Star Girl's school yesterday, though, were the emotional good-byes that happened later at the Lone Star Baby's school. It was her last day at the day-care center where she has spent the last 15 months+, since my maternity leave ended when she was 12 weeks old. We are really going to miss her teachers! She is really, really going to miss them!

I feel so bad moving her to a different school. We have had nothing but excellent, amazing care where she is, but I think the babies are really their strong point at that school. If I could keep her with the wonderful, amazingly talented and caring teachers she has now, I would never, ever, ever move her, ever. But I can't. She was scheduled to move up to a different room this week if we had stayed; she would have had to leave her beloved teachers anyway. We don't really know the older rooms' teachers and so it is a good time for her move. Still.

It was hard.

The main thing I am looking forward to at the new Montessori school is that she will have the same teacher until she turns 3, then another teacher who she will have through her kindergarten year, ideally. I think it's better if she doesn't have to love people and then move on from them so often, and they change teachers like every six months in the toddler years at most day-cares. I think this will be better.

She will spend the rest of this week and next home with Lone Star Pa. Then I will take those first few days of January off with her and she will start her new school on the 5th! We keep talking about her visit and she seems excited about it. So much change!

4 comments:

klk said...

It sounds like wonderful change to me! She will LOVE it...I can feel it. Blessings, sweet LSM!

Lone Star Ma said...

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

gojirama said...

**sniff, sniff** such a big change!

Saints and Spinners said...

It is hard. Boy-o. I am not looking forward to the time when Lucia leaves her school (once she turns 3), even though ideally it will mean that she is going onto other good things.

Blessings on the LSB.