Thursday, September 18, 2008

You Know Things Are Getting Crazy When...

We keep the girls to a moderate amount of "activities" by the standards of most middle class parents these days, but it still seems like their stuff (dance, soccer, Girl Scouts, school play) is really keeping us hopping this school year...already. And, of course, the things they are doing have barely gotten started...

I am having unpleasant dreams about trying to leave work on time to get to Marigold's soccer practice and to leave soccer on time to get to Girl Scouts...my subconscious is having anxiety attacks. Plus I know that now that we are getting to the point where we will have to divide and conquer to be sure they each have at least one parent at most things, they are going to start forming life-long resentments about the parent who missed their thing to go to their sister's thing...I just know it.

1 comment:

Saints and Spinners said...

Even if they do complain, they'll just have to deal. Not too long after I gave birth, it started to occur to me that I needed to cut my parents some slack because maybe, just maybe, they were a little tired and stretched thin all those years!

When my daughter gets older and starts complaining about all the stuff I didn't do for her, I'm going to say, "Hey, save it for your midlife-crisis therapist."

Mwa ha ha. I'm a little punchy from fatigue today.