Monday, August 01, 2005

Fruitful

I had a productive yet low-key weekend which was nice. I got the new issue of Foremilk out, revised a couple of essays for one of the books that I am working on and wrote a draft of another of the essays on Saturday. Spent plenty of time playing with the the Lone Star Baby and watching the Lone Star Girl's parade of interesting costumes and hairstyles, too. On Sunday, I talked Lone Star Pa into a family trip to the big library so he could play with the girls in the new and fancy-schmancy children's area while I did some research for my other book. I tracked down and checked out a few references I needed and filled out and turned in eight inter-library loan requests for some others that I needed. I also found - well, Lone Star Pa actually found them - DVDs of the old "Little House on the Prairie" episodes to check out - score. It was great. After the library, we went to H-E-B and got what was left on our list of school supplies for the Lone Star Girl's fourth grade year. So we're done with that. I feel prepared!

3 comments:

jackie said...

you're working on more than one books? holy multitasking, mama!

Lone Star Ma said...

Jackie! Jackie! Jackie! How wonderful to hear from you! I liked your piece about the pillow in Breastfeeding Cafe and I really liked your health insurance and work stories that I read recently somewheres...

jackie said...

Thanks so much! you probably saw the work stuff in China's zine, and the health insurance stuff in "Fertile Ground"-- I was on a zine submission kick there!