Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Toddler Room

Yesterday was also the Lone Star Baby's first day in the toddler room at daycare. I had worried about her moving up when it was an abstraction, since she is very bonded to her nursery teacher and does not take to people quickly as a rule, but she is so ready. They took her to spend a little time in the toddler room everyday for a couple of weeks before she moved up and she loved it. She squeals the toddler teacher's name anytime she sees her or hears her mentioned and simply adores the toys and equipment in the room. She loved her first day, slept on her nap mat and everything. Yay!

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Hi Lone Star Ma! Thanks for visiting my blog. I thought I'd repay the visit. I stopped short in my tracks when I read that your favorite music was Joan Jett. I was a big Jetthead in my teen years and got to meet her a couple of times. It's not often that one of one's lifetime goals is achieved at the age of 14.

It's probably a long shot, but is it possible that we were pen pals 20 years ago? :)

Lone Star Ma said...

Not a long shot. Look at my site, silly. I'd love to catch up. I think you took the job I should have taken instead of social work...I always think, on bad days...why didn't I become a children's librarian? I love children's literature, too, and especially YA literature. E-mail me if you want(:

Saints and Spinners said...

Well, as I said, I stopped short in my tracks and thought, "It can't be! It's impossible!" Then, I actually looked at the photos and names on the website. Ta dah! I just sent you a mammoth email yesterday.