Saturday, July 07, 2012

Rockport Meanderings

My sister Jazz drove me over to Rockport today and we went to the Rockport Art Festival.  It was really fun (except that it was soooo hot) - I do not get to do things like that often enough!

At the festival, I got birthday presents for my mom, my sister and my mother-in-law, who all have birthdays coming up in August (I have not forgotten you, brother Johnny, but I did not see anything at the festival that I thought you'd want).  

After we saw all of the art (all of the art!), we had lunch at a sweet little place called The Luna Cafe.  I think I want to go back sometime and try their breakfast food, too.  It was nice.  Then we walked up and down the strand of shops on Austin Street, looking at everything.  I especially liked The Shell Shop, which reminded me of many a beach souvenir shop from my youth. 

Rockport seems like a wonderful little artists' colony sort of place.  It was very nice to visit there, especially with my sister.

No comments: