Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nervous Allergy Mom Preparations

Tomorrow, the Lone Star Girl flies for the first time since she was just a toddler ... and the first time since she developed her horrible allergies.

I have talked to the airline and they will make announcements to passengers to refrain from taking out anything with tree nuts/seafood in it.  They will "try" not to serve anything with tree nuts and don't serve anything with seafood. They assure me she is totally allowed to carry her meds at all times.

I have printed up the details they gave me to carry along in case there is trouble. 

I have checked out the TSA website, which clearly states that she is allowed to carry her medicine.  I have printed that information from their website to carry along.

I have talked to the chaperone.

I have tried to get a letter from the allergist to carry along as extra supporting documentation but he won't because he knows there is no need for it, having plenty of experience with the TSA, I guess, and wanting me to chill.

I have had the Girl pack packs of wipies in her carry-on so that she can wipe down her plane seats in case someone had some tree nuts or seafood on the flights before hers.

I should be able to go through security, etc. with her on the first flight leg to help model everything that she needs to handle on her own for the rest of the trip.

I think that's all I can do.

The only other person we know who really has allergies like hers has always been fine on airplanes.

1 comment:

gojirama said...

I have no doubt she will be cautious enough to keep herself safe!