Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Girls' World Forum


 Early this afternoon, I put my Lone Star Girl on a  plane to Chicago.  All the allergies-and-airports things went without  hitch and she has called me to let me know that she arrived safely.  She and another girl from our Council will represent South Texas at the Girls' World Forum being held there.  500 Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from all over the world will come together to work on improving the lives of girls, and other people, all over the world.






 They will be addressing three of the United Nation's Millennium Development Goals:


  • End poverty and hunger
  • Gender equality
  • Environmental sustainability.







I miss her already but am so crazy, proud of this Girl!!!!!

1 comment:

Hystery said...

It revives my hope when I see young women marching forward into the future like that. I hope everything went splendidly for her.