Sunday, March 06, 2011

Outdoor Skills Spectacular At Camp Greenhill!


On Saturday, the Daisy troop went to Camp Greenhill for an Outdoor Skills Spectacular Day.  It was so fun! (Most of the great pictures had clearly identifiable other-people's-children in them so you, gentle readers, only get to see these, but try to imagine the cuteness of the other photos of our five little Daisy Girl Scouts!)

They had life jacket relay races and "Be Prepared" dress-up games.  They learned fire safety and made s'mores.  They made SWAPS and a hanging banner for storing their SWAPS.  They even went out on the lake in a rowboat with Lone Star Pa rowing!

And I got to go back in the staff cabin where the Lone Star Girl's Brownie troop stayed when I took them camping in second grade when I was seven and a half months pregnant with the Lone Star Baby! That made me all emotional.

They had a great time and so did I.

No comments: