Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

I hope you are having a lovely Earth Day!

We celebrated the coming  Earth Day this past Saturday by attending the annual Earth Day - Bay Day Festival.  Lone Star Pa and the Lone Star Girl took a shift at the Clean Economy Coalition table passing out literature about Las Brisas while I kept the Lone Star Baby occupied at all the fun activities. As usual, the Lone Star Girl rocked everyone's socks off teaching people about the dangers of petroleum coke - she is amazing.

Today, the Lone Star Baby's school celebrated their annual Arbor Day event and Lone Star Pa took the day off to join them while they planted.  We contributed marigolds, daisies and ladybugs (which I dropped off yesterday when I dropped the LSB off for school) and the LSB was so happy to have her Daddy there. 

This evening, we had a nice dinner together and the LSB and I planted a small sandia plant and a little okra plant in our growing garden of patio and near-patio containers. 

Besides our activism, I have been working on making one small change since March to become greener in our family lives and I will blog about it soon - it is very small, but it has real meaning to me.

Happy Earth Day!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How wonderful and inspiring! Earth day went by as a kind of non-event here--the grownups working and the kids (no school--spring break) at daycare. I think we'll have to have a little "Earth Day, observed" activity this weekend.