Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eleusinian

I  took a moment out of my busy evening to eat a sandwich on my porch while reading a mother-daughter travel memoir and I saw the most vibrant red bird land up in our ash tree.  It wasn't a cardinal - no crest - I had never seen such a bird before.  I called through the glass door to the LSG who was doing homework inside and she came out to look for a moment and then went back inside.  I watched the bird fly across the yard to another tree and then I got up and followed it around the house to find myself standing in our side yard full of wild mimosa seedlings looking towards the young pomegranate tree in our backyard, which is covered in flowers the same red as the bird.

Interesting.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Neat! A scarlet tanager perhaps?

You won one of the free subscriptions to The Motherhood Muse! Email your email address to me at andreaelaniatyahoodotcom.

Congratulations!

Lone Star Ma said...

Thank you! How cool!

Yes - upon looking it up - I think it may have been a scarlet tanager. Thanks!