Tuesday, November 03, 2009

V is For Voting (And Aliens)

I voted today between leaving school and getting to soccer practice which now is thirty minutes earlier (and which is shorter) because of the time change and the early dark.  Usually, I don't wait until election day, but vote early to avoid this sort of risky time crunch.  These constitutional amendments sort of sneaked up on me, though.  But I got it done.

Then, tonight, the Lone Star Girl and I had a V watching party!  On a school night!  And we had junk food!  And Jazz watched it with us.  (And I went to high school with that actress!) It was great.  I remember watching the original V miniseries as a middle-schooler, and then the other one, and then the TV show, and I read some V books while riding in a car that my dad was driving to Refugio for some sort of oil thing...I was really into it.  

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I always like the ceremony of going in the voting booth, but by the time I got around to it at 7 p.m. yesterday, I was really wishing I'd voted early!

Saints and Spinners said...

I have to wait for Saturday for V. I watched the original mini-series plus the awful tv series. Good times!

gojirama said...

Which acctress? If you say Morena Baccaren I will swoon.

Lone Star Ma said...

No - Elizabeth Mitchell.