Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Column in We the People News

We the People News has been having the same sorts of financial issues that everyone else has had lately, as well as some rather serious computer problems. The last three print issues have been very small, without the columns and numerous other types of stories, including mainly the very key investigative pieces, election information and ads. This may continue for a little while, although the paper will eventually be back to its regular size and features. In the meantime, my column and the other columns will usually be online only. I am eager for my column to get back in the print version of the paper, but the good thing about the new system is that I can now write more than one column each month if I have more to write about. Even after the print issue is back to size, I think the new system will allow me to run columns online in addition to the one that makes it into the monthly paper. Here is a link to my latest column - I hope you will read it!


4 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I've only read two books on the list. The books that always stuck out the most for me in terms of dealing with racism have been Mildred Lee Taylor's novels.

Lone Star Ma said...

I don't know those - what are they?

Andrea said...

Thanks for the ideas...we'll look for them at the library...and I'm very impressed with your pro-active stance on educating your girls about these issues.

Lone Star Ma said...

Why, thank you.