Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baby Love And Grandma Love

We got back in late last night from a little vacation. We headed to Dallas on Saturday so we could meet my new nephew, attend my step dad's mom's 90th birthday party on Sunday, and attend the baby's christening on Sunday also. He is one cute little baby and it was quite a birthday party and christening with relatives in from all over the country - we met a lot of people and had some good times with family. It was so nice for so many truly far-away kinfolk to come and honor our grandma. Very nice. Also, my not-quite-two-year-old niecelet is handling her dethronement with much grace and maturity and my six-year-old niece, in kindergarten, is reading like a pro - so impressive! The baby is rather an angel - quiet and calm and tiny.

I spent my third night away from the Lone Star Baby - the first two being that sort of recent camping trip with the Lone Star Girl. Both girls and their dad spent Sunday night in Denton with my MIL while I stayed in Dallas with the familia. I still don't like doing that.

We left on Monday morning and headed down to Austin for the second part of our vacation - more on that later!

No comments: