Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years' Resolutions

Here's my list for 2009:

Family/Home -

1.) Continue doing Lone Star Baby-centric things. We did a good job on that one in 2008 - probably too good of a job - we need to ease up a bit on the structured activities. 2.) Make room for more Lone Star Girl-centric things. 3.) Do more organizing this summer - maybe straighten up one more room - baby steps.


Fitness -

At 37, I am getting old so this needs to be my year for weight loss. I don't think I can safely be this heavy without estrogen's protective effects and my estrogen will be ebbing away ere long. I need to lose 49 pounds to get to where I want to be weight-wise, so my goal is 49 by 40. For 2009, the goal is 20 pounds - baby steps.

Work -

1.) Keep working on the serenity. 2.) Convince the kids that some things must be memorized, no matter how much we all hate that.

Writing -

1.) Can't say I did that well on last year's resolution to spend at least 10 minutes on it at least 5 days per week, but I am going to amp it up anyway: at least 15 minutes at least 5 days per week. 2.) Also, to be accepted by 5 publications (including online ones) that I have not been published in before.

What are your New Years' Resolutions?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think baby steps is the right way to go-- I think too many people get too ambitious with their resolutions, which is an easy recipe for disaster.

Best of luck in the New Year!

Lone Star Ma said...

Thanks!

gojirama said...

Those are sound, reasonable, resolutions- I wish you well!

Andrea said...

Good list and good luck.