Friday, April 18, 2008

Support Teen Literature

Yesterday was Support Teen Literature Day. I was under the weather and overwhelmed and did not get around to posting, but I wanted to post a list of good YA/upper grade fiction I have read in the past few months, partly in support of Support Teen Literature Day, and partly in apology for not posting February and March YA picks. Here is my list:

  • Born To Rock by Gordon Korman
  • The Middle of Somewhere by J.B. Cheaney
  • To Catch A Mermaid by Suzanne Selfors
  • The Very Ordered Existence of Merilee Marvelous by Suzanne Crowley
  • The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
  • The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex.
The last two titles were particularly excellent. My own efforts to support teen literature tend to consist mainly of keeping my classroom stuffed with it and letting the kids know they can have the books if they will read them.



No comments: