Saturday, January 20, 2007

MLK Day March

On Monday, I was off of work and both girls were out of school. The Girl Scout troop was planning to participate in the annual local march in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at mid-day. It turned out that the day was very, very, very cold and that Lone Star Pa had to work so I could not leave the just-recovered from-bronchitis Lone Star Baby with him. I had some real doubts about dragging her out there, but we went and marched and I think it was worth it, even though most of the folks there probably were eyeing me for the Bad Mother of The Year Award in honor of having the youngest child out in bad weather. She did great and seemed quite taken with all the excitement, until after the march, during the last speaker at the ceremony that followed in a local church, when she had had enough and had to be taken about outside in the cold some more until he was finished speaking. I think our big girls were very pleased to be part of honoring Dr. King's important work, though, so I am glad we went.

No comments: