Friday, January 05, 2007

Back to School, Back To Work

Lone Star Pa went back to work at his school on Tuesday for a teacher work-day and then his kids started up again on Wednesday. I started back to work yesterday, with staff development days yesterday and today. Conveniently, the Lone Star Baby's school also started back yesterday, and she is happy to be seeing her amigos again. The Lone Star Girl has been hanging out in my classroom reading and cutting stuff out for me since I've gone back and she'll do so on Monday when I have a teacher work-day, too. Our kids come back Tuesday, and she goes back to school then, too, as she attends school in the district where I work.

Congress is back at work, now, too, and what a different Congress it is under the herstory-making leadership of Speaker Nancy Pelosi! They are already hard at work to increase the minimum wage, end the war in Iraq and decrease corruption. Wowza!


No comments: