Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cat In The Mirror

In that same production of Inherit The Wind, I made friends with another little ensemble actress my age. She was very exotic to me at 12 - homeschooled, a vegetarian, being raised in ways I generally only came in contact with later. I enjoyed getting to know her. At the time she was reading a book called Cat In The Mirror, which looked interesting to me, so I checked it out of the of the library and read it. It was a very enjoyable book about a modern girl with problems fitting in who finds a strange connection to an ancient Egyptian girl (and a cat). As a mom, I have looked and looked for the book, but it took me years to find it. It did not help that I did not remember the author (Mary Stolz) and misremembered the title. I found it a few months ago and ordered it, though! I recently re-read it and it was just as good as I remembered.

No comments: