According to VoteTexas.gov, here is an acceptable list of IDs under the law:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport.
Note how gun licenses work, but student IDs issued by state universities do not. Yeah, that was not an attempt to keep certain groups from voting at all, was it? Naaahhh.
Be prepared and make sure your vote counts, Mamas!