Monday, May 28, 2012

Trying To Get My Supermom Back On

It's been a month now that I've been a bit under the weather due to a bleeding incident that left me very anemic.  I've been taking lots of iron and am much better, but I have needed more rest than my lifestyle is really planned around me getting.  To stay in shape for work, I've been resting a lot of the rest of the time and things have sort of fallen apart around here.  The house has been a mess, the animals have been a mess, the nutritional value of the meals getting eaten around here have been a mess...you get the picture.  It kind of ticks me off that even the things that I usually do not actually do myself do not get done if I am not paying much attention...but, oh, well.  

I am trying to pull things together now - giving the girls their orders sobre household chores, dealing with the animals and the garden, getting things done with the Girl Scout troops and making plans for the Lone Star Baby's upcoming birthday party (first slumber party!), being a decent citizen, exercising a little, yada, yada....I don't think my family can manage for me to do much more resting, the way things are going.

4 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I have been thinking of you!I can relate to Everything Falling Apart when the mama needs to rest.

I cannot tell my girlie that the LSB is having her first slumber party. She has been "planning" a choir slumber party, and I've retorted with, "Nothing doing!" (Perhaps a pj party where everyone goes home at 9 pm would be plausible.) You are a brave, kind LSM.

Lone Star Ma said...

Thank you!

Andrea said...

Take care of yourself (and let the house go)!

Lone Star Ma said...

Well...our regular mode of being is way past "letting the house go" for most people. It can't really be allowed to go any further....