Thursday, November 04, 2010

Bookstore Scariness

I was at the bookstore with the Lone Star Girl last night rather later than we should have been out on a school night (we had to get her allergy shot first after I picked her up after work and that takes a long time), looking to replace a lost copy of Sadako And The Thousand Paper Cranes for my classes and get birthday presents for my niece, when the Lone Star Girl showed me something very scary in the YA section.  Two whole shelving units in the YA section are now labeled "Teen Paranormal Romance".  I kid you not.  We backed away slowly.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ha! That's funny. But if you think about it, paranormal romance is probably a lot safer and healthier--much reduced risk of STDs and unwanted pregnancy. I'm in favor!

Lone Star Ma said...

With vampires?