Sunday, November 07, 2010

Autumn Books

I try to set aside a selection of children's books to take out each season with the seasonal decorations, another way for our family to celebrate the seasons together.  I was always pretty good about this for winter/Christmas books, but it took me a long time to get my act together for the other seasons.  Now the Lone Star Girl's too old to be much interested and the Lone Star Baby is getting there.  I'm still trying to read some fall books to the Lone Star Baby this season, though, and she still enjoys it some, if not to the degree that a younger child would.  These are our favorite fall books:

The Pumpkin Blanket by Deborah Turney Zagwyn 
The Apple Pip Princess by Jane Ray
Apple Picking Time by Michele Benoit Slawson
Pumpkin Fiesta by Caryn Yacowitz
Bats At The Beach by Brian Lies
Alice And Greta by Cyd Moore
Twas The Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey.

No comments: