Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bill White For Texas: Phone-banking

I really, really want Bill White to be our next governor and Linda Chavez-Thompson to be our next Lt. Governor - so very much.  Naturally, I want to help them and other Democratic candidates get elected this November, but it's very hard for me to find the time to make scheduled times when the campaign is holding phone-banking nights or block-walking mornings, etc. - I have so much work to do, and then there are the soccer games and swim meets and Girl Scout meetings and First Day School and fighting Las Brisas - I am way, way, way over-extended all the time.

Fortunately, the campaign understands this.  They happily provided me with a phone-banking list of a swing precinct to call and a block-walking list of neighbors to go talk with - on my schedule, as I can get to it.  Their flexibility allows me to help the campaign around all my other work and I am so grateful.  It would, of course, be more fun to be going to all the campaign events and socializing with the other activists and feeling all part of things that way, but what I am doing is just as effective and works for me.  I'm thrilled to be doing my part.

I finished my phone list tonight and hope to get started on my block-walking list this week.  

Do you want to help Bill White get elected?  Call or drop by the Democratic H.Q. in Hamlin Center and ask about volunteer opportunities.  If they are flexible enough to provide ways for me to volunteer, they will be able to work with you, too.  Together, we will turn Texas blue this November!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yea! You are so good to get involved with everything else you have going on.

Sara said...

Nice info, thanks for sharing the blog post