Tuesday, September 28, 2010

39

I am not at all thrilled to be this close to 40, but I still am having a very nice birthday.  My students were wishing me a happy birthday all day and my family took me out to dinner tonight.  The Lone Star Baby and the Lone Star Girl both made me lovely presents of their art - paintings and drawings from the Lone Star Baby and bottle cap art from the Lone Star Girl - and Jazz (who already took me out to dinner over the weekend!) and Lone Star Pa both gave me games I had been wanting for a long time - Banana-grams and Creationary.  The Lone Star Girl made me a lovely cake which we enjoyed.  Birthday greetings have been tendered from near and far.  I am grateful to have such lovely people in my life.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable birthday. Forty is going to be special. It has to be. We will start planning now.

Andrea said...

Happy, happy, happy!