Friday, May 14, 2010

Overload

When I was the Lone Star Girl's age, I had a friend who would say "My head is like a sieve!" to describe her scatter-brained-ness.  I have found the phrase useful to describe my own state of mind on many occasions, but never so much so as recently.

I am really on overload.  

Things are falling right out of my head because there is No More Room.

All of the end-of-school festivities and requirements for my job, the girls' two schools, and my two Girl Scout troops, combined with necessary preparations for the fact that both girls will be starting new schools in the fall and numerous things must be gotten in order for that,  combined with fighting Las Brisas, regular things like teaching First Day School and packing lunches, etc. - - well....I'm kind of losing it.  Big time.  I'm starting to forget things I never would have forgotten before - wandering off without dropping off the lunchbox...stuff like that.

Today, when I was already planning about writing this post and then getting to bed early to try to rest my brain a little,  a huge other issue got added to the pile.  S-T-R-E-S-S.  I need some serious rest and replenishment but I have to look a few weeks out to see any real hope of that, because the near future is filled with multiple non-stop obligations.

I am so grateful that all of this exhausting bustle is for regular, growth-of-the-family stuff.  So glad we are all safe and well.  I am trying very hard to be mindful of our many blessings and to move with care through all these details, moment by beautiful, busy moment.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I wish I could help relieve this stress. xoxo

Lone Star Ma said...

You do(: