Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Really Important Innovation In History

The Lone Star Girl did her National History Day Project on contraception (this year's theme was innovations in history).  Needless to say, the judges did not send it on to the next step of the middle school competition.  It was great, though:  an extensive time line spanning from the book of Genesis to the development of emergency contraception in 2002, an informatively classified display of examples (with a border of condom packets), and a display of important people in the development of various methods, including Charles Goodyear, who apparently had more important things on his mind than just tires - who knew? All while staying within a 500-word limit!








3 comments:

Andrea said...

I always say that if I had to go back to the middle ages and could only bring a handful of modern inventions with me, contraception would be one (along with the bicycle, the window screen and the washing machine...maybe I'd make room for antibiotics, too).

Lone Star Ma said...

I think I would definitely go with contraception, the bicycle and antibiotics.

Marianne said...

I had to go back and leave this link for you here, because you might find it appropriate! (and because it didn't seem appropriate on Facebook or your other posts)
http://www.healthunit.com/article.aspx?ID=15160