Saturday, July 07, 2007

Frances for the Lone Star Baby

The Lone Star Baby has discovered Russell Hoban's Frances books this summer and she likes them very much. I do, too. I remember them from my little brothers and sisters. I love it when I hear the Lone Star Baby singing little songs to herself like Frances does. I think we have read all of them, but let me know if I am missing any, please:

Bedtime For Frances
A Baby Sister for Frances
Bread and Jam for Frances
Best Friends for Frances
A Birthday for Frances
A Bargain for Frances

2 comments:

Veloute said...

I love Frances. We all do. For a while, though, on Bedtime for Frances, I admit I read "I will get a spanking?" as "I will get a time out?". I just couldn't bring myself to having to explain spanking.

Obviously I don't read it that way anymore. Well, for a couple of years now. I think the idea is still too bizarre for her to comprehend.

Lone Star Ma said...

Yep. And I frankly cannot believe that sweet Badger Daddy would have spanked her...they seem like quite sensitive parents.