Friday, May 25, 2007

Last Weekend on The Road

My baby sister graduated from high school last Saturday. I didn't have any days off left what with all my kids' bugs and a couple of their school programs the past year eating them all, so we could not take Friday off to drive. We drove out to Austin Friday night and stayed just North of Austin in a Red Roof Inn in Round Rock overnight, then started out early and drove into Dallas on Saturday morning. We made it in plenty of time to visit and get ready before the 5pm graduation. After the graduation, we stayed for the party and then, when my baby sister left for the real party, we drove out to Denton and spent the night at my in-laws' house. Lone Star Pa's mother made us a lovely breakfast on Sunday morning and we got to visit a bit with her and his brother and his brother's partner before we piled back into the car and drove all the way back, getting in pret-ty late on Sunday night, with school the next day and everything. It was a pretty tiring trip, but very wonderful!!

1 comment:

gojirama said...

That sounds fun if tiring. I'm glad you got to see your sister graduate!