Monday, February 26, 2007

Sad

My friend died on Thursday and I found out today. She was an older friend from my Friends Meeting who had been moved into a nursing facility in the state in which her son lives about a year ago. I felt very close to her when she lived here...she was the Wise Woman in my life. I was a good friend to her several years ago when she had a stroke and lived here and could be visited and checked on, and she was there for me as I needed when I was feeling stir-crazy after having the Lone Star Baby (she taught me how to crochet!), but I wasn't a very good friend to her once she was moved away. My life has been so crazy this past year that I haven't kept up much with anyone, but I knew she was dying and I wish I had been in touch more often. I drive by the apartment where I used to visit her here in town everyday and I have thought of her daily and often since she left it...I have missed her so, and now I always will.

2 comments:

Triana said...

She understands. Life is nutty crazy that way. You'll meet again and laugh at the good times.

Big hugs for you.

Saints and Spinners said...

Ach. Blessings for both of you.