Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Library Moment

A little over a week ago, I stopped at the Central Library on my way home from work. The kids were home with Lone Star Pa and it was late. While I am far from a stranger to our Central Library, I spend most of my library time at our branch library, especially at night, and wasn't sure this one would still be open at that time of night. I was feeling pretty down and worn out as I walked across the parking lot. I saw the Director of Libraries heading for a back door in his home clothes and we had the following exchange:

Me: Hi. Is it already closed?
Him: Nah. Want to take a short-cut?
Me: Sure!

I followed him through the back door and, for about twenty seconds, through the bowels of the library. It was cool. Then, in a moment, I was out in the library, turning in my book and picking up the voter's guide I came for. It was a nice moment.


No comments: