Saturday, March 18, 2006

Daddy Week

My girls have had a Daddy Week. They have both been home on Spring Break and, in his new teacher-life, so has Lone Star Pa, so, while I have been at work, he has taken care of them instead of the usual scramble for supplemental childcare arrangements - very cool. They have played outside a ton, staying grungy and happy. They have finger-painted, overloaded on fast foods, worn mis-matched clothes and let their hair get ratty. They are very happy. Lone Star Pa took them to our local, child-oriented science and history museum several times, once with a friend along for the Lone Star Girl, and they went to play in the water gardens and xeriscape gardens near it. He took them to that awful, over-stimulating pizza palace that they love. On St. Patrick's Day, he let the Lone Star Girl make green sweet rolls for them with the food coloring I picked up for them at the store. They have had a great week. I have missed them but last night, after we got our taxes done, we all went out to dinner together, so that was nice for me, too. I am so glad they get to do this now.

2 comments:

klk said...

What a cool week and how amazing to spend such quality time with dad! It sounds like you are one laid back mama to let him go with his own flow with things. Kudos to you LSM!

Lone Star Ma said...

I don't think they would see me so, but thanks(: